Monday, February 24, 2014

The waiting game

also titled: I hate waiting.


There's nothing worse than that feeling of waiting for something to happen, knowing that it IS going to happen, though you're not really sure when, but sometime, however you have NO CONTROL over just exactly when it's going to happen, so all you can do is wait. Even worse is when you get the news that the thing you're waiting for could happen ANY TIME NOW, but it's just not happening yet.

I totally blame my doctors for my present state of frustration.

After all, they're the ones who told me, a WEEK AGO, that the twins could be here any time now really, because I've already started dilating and Ruby is head down and active labor could start any. minute. now. Cue a long, long , loooooong week of waiting, hoping, expecting, etc. They made it even worse by telling me on Thursday that I was dilated even further and 50% effaced and the twins could be here ANY MINUTE.

But it's  Monday. And they're not here.

I have walked, jumped, eaten spicy food, prayed, deep cleaned my house, walked some more, eaten more spicy food, prayed some more, deep cleaned some more, cried, begged, pleaded, and tried just about everything else to get my labor jumpstarted, and it is not happening. It's just not.

Despair.

It totally doesn't help that I'm impatient by nature, and that I'm pretty much over being unable to, you know, bend over, or touch my toes, or get in and out of the tub without help. Or hold my big kids in my lap (what lap?). Or roll over in the bed. Or drive. Or. Or. Or. The list could go on forever.

Also - I'm just ready to meet these little buggers. Truth be told, I'm a little bit excited about the challenge of raising twins, and I want to get to it already. I know. Crazy, right? It's how I roll.

But they aren't here yet. And I'm waiting. I hate waiting.


So if you think about it, throw a little prayer up for me over the next few days, and hope with me that these twins will decide to get their act together already and stop keeping their mama waiting. Please and thankyou!

No comments:

Post a Comment