Monday, August 27, 2012

weekly goals.

So... yeah. Ummm. This is embarrassing. I didn't accomplish a single solitary goal I set for myself last week. Oh dear.

Here's the deal. We'll just pretend that didn't happen, and focus on all the stuff I DID get done last week.
I made hot sauce from our home-grown peppers - super tasty and recipe to follow soon.
I mowed the lawn with lots of help from Davey.
We got 3 new chickens, promptly lost two, but found one still alive the next morning and hanging out with the rabbits. I named her Lucky.
I actually tried a recipe that I pinned on pinterest (oven-fried chicken... it was actually pretty good)
I spent a lot of time on pinterest.
I pickled beets, peppers, and cucumbers. And burned my fingers on hot peppers. Ouch.
I also made tzatziki sauce and baba ghanouj (the only reason to grow eggplant).
This making things from scratch bit is taking up a lot of my time.
I'm totally ok with it, though.
Davey tilled the cornfield. (ok, so maybe, technically, I didn't actually get this done. But it probably wouldn't have gotten done this week if I hadn't said that it absolutely HAD to get done before he could go play at Baby Falls with all his guy friends. So I'm taking the credit. My game, my rules.)
I watched the Hunger Games and was woefully disappointed in the ending, thinking that that was it.. but then someone told me that it's only the first of 3 movies, so I forgave it. For now.


So, as you can see, I had a week chock-full of good accomplishments. And now for this week's goals:

plant the fall garden
make bagels
make mozzerella
clean the toynado in Punkin's room
tame the jungle growing around our front porch.
list some crafty stuff on Etsy! (I'm getting the use of a real, working camera this week, so that will make this goal a little more accomplishable. Is that even a word? It is now.)
electrify the chicken coop.


I could go on, but I'm afraid to make any more goals for this week, seeing as how my track record is not so good on this so far. I'll consider it a major win if I get even just a few of these things done. Err.. hrmm.. I mean, yeah.. I'm gonna get all this done! I'm a winner! Yeah! Or something like that..

What about the rest of you? What are your goals for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment